The holidays are the time for decadent treats and what could be better than Chocolate Oreo Truffles? Give this recipe a try and enjoy…
Chocolate truffles with a soft Oreo center then coated in white and semi-sweet chocolate.
- 1 (15.25 oz.) package OREO cookies
- 1 (8 oz.) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 oz.) package Baker’s semi-sweet chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- 1 (8 oz.) package Baker’s white chocolate (not chocolate chips)
- Place OREO cookies in a food processor. Pulse until cookies become fine crumbs. (If you don’t have a food processor place cookies in a large zip-lock bag, seal shut, and pound with a rolling pin)
- Remove 1/4 cup of the cookie crumbs and set aside.
- Place all the remaining cookie crumbs in a large bowl. Add the cream cheese and stir with a spatula until combined and smooth.
- Roll mixture into 30 one-inch balls. Place balls on a parchment paper lined baking sheet and set in fridge to chill for one hour.
- Heat both of the Baker’s chocolate in the microwave, according to package directions. Dip 15 chilled OREO balls into the melted semi-sweet baking chocolate and 15 balls into the white baking chocolate. Let excess drip off.
- Place dipped balls onto another parchment-lined baking sheet. Sprinkle tops with the reserved cookie crumbs.
- Let chocolate truffles set completely before serving.
- Store leftover truffles in the refrigerator.
- **Do not use chocolate chips for the dipping chocolate. This recipe requires baking chocolate or chocolate bark that will set and harden.