‘Severely Magical Things’ was a name that Tumblr randomly assigned to me when I was starting a new Tumblr blog in 2015. The name appealed to me though and as time went on I continued to ponder about what I defined as Severely Magical Things.
Here are some examples of just a few of the things that came to mind.
- Laughing so hard that your stomach hurts.
- Baby animals.
- Tears of happiness.
- Lace tablecloths.
- Kisses on the nape of your neck.
- A cat’s purr.
- Covered wooden bridges.
- Cobblestone roads.
- Twinkle lights.
- Christmas Eve.
- Christmas morning.
- A fresh bar of Ivory soap.
- Fluffy clean towels from the dryer.
- Candle lit baths.
- Finding a lost treasure.
- A previously forgotten photograph.
- Your favourite childhood toy.
- A unique lock of hair.
- Your first slow dance.
- Your first kiss.
- Your first time. Or not! lol
- Your favourite dinner cooked by your partner, just because.
- Antique Humpback trunks.
- Cabins in the woods.
- Watching a snow storm from inside your cosy home.
- A piece of premium Swiss chocolate.
- Fresh, homemade bread.
Obviously, there are millions more Severely Magical Things in life, but I think this list gives you the idea. I then sub-named my domain, amanda-ricks.com, Severely magical Things, and decided to share some of these wonderful things that make life special. I thought that the best way for me to show examples would probably be to do so visually through photographs and maybe some quotes.
So that’s how this domain became, Severely Magical Things, for awhile. You can still view some, Severely Magical Things,’ posts’ under the tag of that name here on this site or you can also view the blog Severely Magical Things, for more recent posts.